From Arian <armyofda12mnk...@gmail.com>
Subject Maven + FOP 1.1
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:00:12 GMT
Hey all,
I'm a web developer that has to create a quick Servlet as a proof of
concept.... but our project uses Maven and FOP 1.1 seems to be broken in
Maven possibly.

I added this to the pom.xml:
 <dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.xmlgraphics</groupId>
<artifactId>fop</artifactId>
 <version>1.1</version>
</dependency>

and when I run the Maven install i get:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project mytest: Could not resolve
dependencies for project com.testwebsite.mytest:war:1.4.0: The following
artifacts could not be resolved:
org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-api:jar:4.2.0,
org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-impl:jar:4.2.0: Failure to
find org.apache.avalon.framework:avalon-framework-api:jar:4.2.0 in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository,
resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has
elapsed or updates are forced

I read something in a thread in December about how the maven FOP 1.1
repository should be fixed. But not sure what the solution people came up
with.
P.S. we don't have a Maven Repository Manager system :(. Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice,
Ari