From Gonzalo Vasquez <gvasq...@altiuz.cl>
Subject Re: Batch output
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:39:28 GMT
That's what we are doing right now...generating each pdf on it's own, and the "concatenating"
them with iText, but I think the overhead might be reduced somehow.
Gonzalo Vásquez Sáez
Gerente Investigación y Desarrollo (R&D)
Altiuz Soluciones Tecnológicas de Negocios Ltda.
Av. Nueva Tajamar 555 Of. 802, Las Condes - CP 7550099
+56 2 335 2461
gvasquez@altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuz.cl
http://www.altiuzreports.com

El 21-11-2013, a las 19:38, Rob Sargent <rsargent@xmission.com> escribió:

> I had good results stitching them together with iText.
>
> rjs
>
> On 11/21/2013 02:11 PM, Gonzalo Vasquez wrote:
>> One of our processes has to deal with thousands of documents in a batch process,
either for email sending, or for printing.

>> Depending on our customers' needs, we choose from PDF, AFP and PS as output formats.
Now we are trying to move everything to FO generated documents, so we can you a single template
for all output formats.

>> Several questions arise:
>>
>> On the email process (many files as output), do I have to deal with every document
in a separate context, or is there any fo-related trick to achieve this in a better way?
>> In the printing process (single file output), is there anyway to feed the template
just once for all documents and the "add" the data to get a huge document with all the subdocuments
in it?