From Luis Bernardo <lmpmberna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVG - embedded CMYK bitmaps
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2014 22:49:56 GMT

Yes, by default JPEG CMYKs are converted to sRGB if the color profile is
embedded in the image (I had not tried with JPEG CMYKs embedded in SVG
but I think that also there the images are processed by FOP ). The
reason this is done is due to the fact that the standard Java JPEG
handling functions cannot handle CMYK. So FOP converts CMYK to sRGB to
be able to embed the image with "acceptable" colors.

The solution is to use a ImageIO library that can handle CMYK in JPEGs.
The "default" jai_imageio.jar cannot handle that either. The only one I
know is the TwelveMonkeys ImageIo. I tested it with JPEGs and also TIFF
and it worked well. See
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-fop-users/201306.mbox/%3C51BA5640.1070101@gmail.com%3E.