From Valentina <valent...@tp.rs>
Subject Re: Tiff image - color distortion
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:49:09 GMT
I tried both removing <image-loading> as well as just keeping the second
line. It did not have an observable effect.

Based on these cases, the conclusion appears to be that if I have an RGB
tiff image, the PDF renderer will work fine, but if non-RGB is used (16-bit
in my case), then it will not render correctly in pdf output.

=== ADDITIONS ===

I tried one last variant, version [4], save as from ImageJ with RGB
selected. That displays correctly in the pdf output.

4. Tiff data when LeadTools tiff image (from step 1.) is opened in ImageJ,
then choose type > RGB, then Save as.

SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
ImageLength (1 Long): 460
BitsPerSample (3 Short): 8, 8, 8
Photometric (1 Short): RGB
ImageDescription (14 ASCII): ImageJ=1.47v
StripOffsets (1 Long): 154
SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 3
RowsPerStrip (1 Short): 460
StripByteCounts (1 Long): 1926480

2014-01-29 Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com>

> [...]
>> http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/astifftagviewer.html

>> PART A. Tiff data
>>
>> 1. Original tiff data of Tiff image exported from LeadTools
>>
>> SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
>> ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
>> ImageLength (1 Long): 460
>> BitsPerSample (1 Short): 16
>> Compression (1 Short): Uncompressed
>> Photometric (1 Short): MinIsBlack
>> StripOffsets (2 Long): 238, 1047238
>> Orientation (1 Short): TopLeft
>> SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 1
>> RowsPerStrip (1 Long): 375
>> StripByteCounts (2 Long): 1047000, 237320
>> PlanarConfig (1 Short): Contig
>> PageNumber (2 Short): 0, 0
>>
>> 2. Tiff data when LeadTools image is opened in Paint.NET, then did Save
>> as in Paint.NET
>>
>> SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
>> ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
>> ImageLength (1 Long): 460
>> BitsPerSample (4 Short): 8, 8, 8, 8
>> Compression (1 Short): LZW
>> Photometric (1 Short): RGB
>> StripOffsets (1 Long): 8
>> SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 4
>> RowsPerStrip (1 Long): 460
>> StripByteCounts (1 Long): 1015503
>> XResolution (1 Rational): 96
>> YResolution (1 Rational): 96
>> PlanarConfig (1 Short): Contig
>> ResolutionUnit (1 Short): Inch
>> PageNumber (2 Short): 0, 0
>> Software (18 ASCII): Paint.NET v3.5.10
>> Predictor (1 Short): 2
>> ExtraSamples (1 Short): 2
>>
>> 3. Tiff data when LeadTools image is opened in ImageJ, then did Save as
>> from Image J.
>>
>> SubFileType (1 Long): Zero
>> ImageWidth (1 Long): 1396
>> ImageLength (1 Long): 460
>> BitsPerSample (1 Short): 16
>> Photometric (1 Short): MinIsBlack
>> ImageDescription (34 ASCII): ImageJ=1.47v min=0.0 max=65535.0
>> StripOffsets (1 Long): 168
>> SamplesPerPixel (1 Short): 1
>> RowsPerStrip (1 Short): 460
>> StripByteCounts (1 Long): 1284320
>>
>> ===============================
>>
>> PART B. Effects
>>
>> Within the Windows image viewer program, all those images appear the same.
>>
>> However, when generating pdf with FOP, this is what happens:
>> * Image [1] renders incorrectly
>> * Image [2] renders correctly *****
>> * Image [3] renders incorrectly
>>

>> Also I have these settings:
>>
>>   <image-loading>
>>     <penalty value="-1000"
>> class="org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.imageio.ImageLoaderImageIO"/>
>>     <penalty value="INFINITE"
>> class="org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.ImageLoaderRawCCITTFax"/>
>>   </image-loading>
>>
>> So this means it's using the default Java image loader as far as I know.
>>

>> 2014-01-29 Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com>
>>
>> If you can share the image send it to this mailing list. Otherwise you
>>> can send it to me and I can take a look. It is possible that the default
>>> image loader is still being used, or something else is at play, but we will

FOP

Tiff

RGB. To

For