From arcf...@sacrideo.us (Aaron W. Hsu)
Subject Re: Funding for Float support in FOP?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 18:29:24 GMT
Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> writes:

> Assuming the prototype can be finished within say another 12 months,
> it would then take several further man years to port the rest of FOP's
> functionality onto the prototype. We estimate the implementation cost
> would be in the range of several hundred thousand GBP :-o
>
> This is why fo:float has not yet been implemented. Sorry to be the
> bearer of bad news.

Thanks for the information. It's not bad news for me at all, but more
just a data point. I wanted to see an actual estimate of just how
difficult it is to add float support to FOP, and your estimate is quite
helpful. I haven't read the specification myself, so I have no intuition
about how crazy floats are, and it doesn't surprise me that a feature
like this could take years to implement.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide@sacrideo.us | http://www.sacrideo.us
לֵ֤ב חֲכָמִים֙ בְּבֵ֣ית אֵ֔בֶל וְלֵ֥ב כְּסִילִ֖ים