From Robert <rme...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: problem with layout
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 16:39:27 GMT
Hi,

Floats are not currently supported by FOP:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#d0e14346

If you're not using XSLT and rather creating an actual FO document, what you could do is use
an absolute positioned block-container to reproduce the effect. You would need to know how
much text to put in it and follow it up with a block with some follow-on text. I created the
attached PDF using that method, but as a warning it's very finicky and you'd need to add a
margin to the top of the following block to ensure the correct line spacing.

Unless someone has a better suggestion it's about the best that can be done until the feature
is implemented unfortunately.

Regards,

Robert Meyer