From pfuller <pful...@callista.com.au>
Subject FOP cant find preloader classes
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 01:33:06 GMT
We have upgraded to FOP 1.1 and when trying to process an image we are
getting the following error:

SEVERE: Image not available. URI:
http://x.com:8281/contentServlet?id=70375422672598045316. Reason
: org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is not
supported. No ImagePreloader found for
http://x.com:8281/contentServlet?id=70375422672598045316 (No context info
available)
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageException: The file format is not
supported. No ImagePreloader found for
http://x.com:8281/contentServlet?id=70375422672598045316
at
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageManager.preloadImage(ImageManager.java:180)
at
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.cache.ImageCache.needImageInfo(ImageCache.java:128)
at
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.ImageManager.getImageInfo(ImageManager.java:122)
at org.apache.fop.fo.flow.ExternalGraphic.bind(ExternalGraphic.java:81)

We have installed Apache FOP into an Oracle database schema and it is called
via a plsql package. The fop jar and all its dependent jar libraries are in
the same database schema(effectively same classpath). This is were the error
occurs. If we run it locally in Jdeveloper, using the same jars delivered in
FOP1.1 then it works correctly.

The images served by the servlet are JPG and BMP images. We have confirmed
that the images can be accessed successfully on the box running the process.

We tried the following solution suggested by the below post of changing the
META-INF/services files:

http://apache-fop.1065347.n5.nabble.com/FOP-1-0-images-fail-to-render-td7348.html

This solution actually worked, however we are tentative to go with this
solution since we are failing to understand why the process works locally,
but not deployed via the database. We also assume that the FOP1.1 is working
as released, and what we have done seems to be hacking dependencies.

Is anyone able to explain why the
META-INF/Services/org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.spi.ImagePreloader
file contains only the following:

org.apache.fop.image.loader.batik.PreloaderWMF
org.apache.fop.image.loader.batik.PreloaderSVG

when the solution that is working for us contains:

g.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.PreloaderTIFF
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.PreloaderGIF
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.PreloaderJPEG
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.PreloaderBMP
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.PreloaderEMF
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.PreloaderEPS
org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.imageio.PreloaderImageIO

Thanks,

Peter