From MartinKl <klapec.mar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading fop 0.95 to fop 1.1 because of PDF/A-1b
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2014 08:03:05 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I tried to use a patch which adds full font embedding feature.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2128?jql=text%20~%20%22embedding-mode%3D%5C%22full%5C%22%22
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2128?jql=text%20~%20%22embedding-mode%3D%5C%22full%5C%22%22>

Now preflight validation is green and I have PDF/A-1b compliant document
BUT:

1. the fonts are full embedded so with just normal Arial it has about 200kB.
If I have BOLD characters in the document it increases to 400kB. So with
more types of fonts the file size gets bigger which is not good:/

2. I've modified sources codes of stable version and it is a bit risky.
Especially the apply of full font embedding patch.

I would rather solve the problem with fonts because I kinda do not know what
is wrong with them.

Has anyone have any idea ? Is there a way how to modify/generate CIDs?

Thanks