From Glenn Adams <gl...@skynav.com>
Subject Re: need generic xsl design for dynamic pdf files
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:34:43 GMT
On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Raj Singh <rajoca2011@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear team,
>      I am new to java,xml and fop,plz guide me in my urgent requirement,
>     below r d points for requirements
>      1. I've to print pdf files using socket in java.
>      2. I've to write such method which will contain three parameters
> as input those would be
>         filename with path,ip address and port.
>      3. Based on those inputs i've to read the file(s) from app server
> path, have to print the
>         pdf file with as per the file content which can be anything.
>      4. Some body suggested me to use xsl-fop, but in my case the file
> name will be dynamic
>         ,is there any method to desgin the generic xsl for any type of
> file plz guide me

No. Look for XSLT tutorials. This is NOT the Mail List for discussing XSLT
[1]. FOP only provides an XSLT pre-processor function as a convenience for
users that don't want to invoke XSLT separately.  The real substance of FOP
is the processing of XSL-FO content [2] produced by the XSLT preprocessor
(or input directly to FOP). Feel free to ask about XSL-FO specifics here
though. See also FOP documentation [3].

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xsl11-20061205/
[3] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/