From "Simon Steiner" <simonsteiner1...@gmail.com>
Subject FW: FOP 1.1 and RTF
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:56:08 GMT
Sending to mailing list

-----Original Message-----
From: Michele Zamparelli [mailto:mzampare@eso.org]
Sent: 24 March 2015 10:08
To: ssteiner@apache.org; lmpmbernardo@gmail.com; gadams@apache.org
Subject: FOP 1.1 and RTF

Hallo,

we have been using Apache FOP to generate PDF from DocBook since 2012 for a  project at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mbse4md/
Now we are being asked if we can produce RTF files, and using Apache FOP support would appear
to be the most natural thing to do.

I noticed though that the official FOP-1.1 seems to have an issue with that (or so says https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOP-2182),
and furthermore (even when using daily builds version of FOP), it seems that something is
wrong with page counting and maybe with internal references (I am not an expert of these things,
I just dumbly look at the produced output and compare it with the PDF one).

Apologies if you are not the right addressees, but I wanted to ask if any plans are there
to fix these things.
I am not knowledgeable of free software development paradigms, but would this be something
which could be supported by a monetary contribution?

thanks,

Michele