From "Fabrice MAUPIN" <fmau...@iback.fr>
Subject Font not embedded in PDF File !
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2015 14:23:24 GMT
Hi,

I would like that the Calibri Font is embedded in my PDF File.

This is my FOP configuration file :

<fop version="1.0">

       <renderers>

             <renderer mime="application/pdf">

                    <fonts>

metrics-url="file:///C:/Users/FMAUPIN/Desktop/fonts/calibri.xml
<file:///C:\Users\FMAUPIN\Desktop\fonts\calibri.xml> "

                                  kerning="yes"
embed-url="file:///C:/Windows/Fonts/calibri.ttf
<file:///C:\Windows\Fonts\calibri.ttf> ">

style="normal" weight="normal" />

metrics-url="file:///C:/Users/FMAUPIN/Desktop/fonts/calibrib.xml
<file:///C:\Users\FMAUPIN\Desktop\fonts\calibrib.xml> "

                                  kerning="yes"
embed-url="file:///C:/Windows/Fonts/calibrib.ttf
<file:///C:\Windows\Fonts\calibrib.ttf> ">

style="normal" weight="bold" />

                           <auto-detect />

                    </fonts>

             </renderer>

       </renderers>

</fop>

When I launch my application (Jar File packaging by Eclipse) and that I
generate my PDF file, I notice that the Calibri font was not embedded in
this file !

FOP takes by default a Font (Times I think).

It's very strange because the <auto detect> tag has to take into account the
all installed Fonts in my system folder !

For information, if I execute my application under Eclipse (before build  -
DEV mode), no problem : the Calibri Font is embedded in my PDF File !

So, Is it necessary to  embed the Font during the packaging of the
application so that it works ? If yes how ?

The behavior of <auto - detect> tag is it different between running from
Eclipse and running from Jar File ?

Any ideas ?

Thank you in advance

Fabrice