From Robert Meyer <rme...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject RE: OTF Subsetting Error
Date Sat, 04 Apr 2015 15:58:49 GMT
I've just had a quick look into this and it appears to be a bad subroutine reference in the
created subset font. If the output PDF is opened in FontForge there are several errors in
the log window as well as three of the characters missing. My guess would be that for whatever
reason one of the subroutines (either local or global) wasn't copied correctly and when the
referring character is attempting to be drawn by the target application, it is unable due
to this missing or corrupt subroutine.

I'll do some investigating and see which subroutines the three have in common and see if this
is an easy fix or would be more involved. I'll keep you posted anyway.

Regards,

Robert

From: simonsteiner1984@gmail.com
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: FW: OTF Subsetting Error
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 09:04:11 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Reischenbacher [mailto:matthias8283@gmx.at]
Sent: 04 April 2015 00:37
To: ssteiner@apache.org
Subject: OTF Subsetting Error

Hi Simon,

sorry for writing you directly and not using the FOP mailing list or jira. I upgraded my local
FOP version in order to test your newly added OTF support and I'm getting a subset error with
a font provided by one of my clients. If you want to have a look at it, I am sending you the
font directly, but I can't attach it to a Jira ticket. If using embedding-mode "full" it works
fine (although the firefox pdf viewer doesn't display the characters correctly, but Acrobat
does), when using subsetting the PDF file causes an error message when opened with Acrobat
(see attached screen shot). I also tested with "Myriad Pro" which works fine for full and
subset.

Best regards,
Matthias Reischenbacher