From Paul Grosso <PGrosso-Consult...@austin.rr.com>
Subject Getting bold fonts with FOP 2.0 and OpenType CFF fonts
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:44:25 GMT
I'm producing PDF using FOP, and I need to use some
OpenType CFF fonts, so I understand I need to use 2.0.

[I am using FOP with the DITA-OT embedded in Oxygen
on a Windows 7 machine.  I was using FOP 1.1, and the
OpenType CFF fonts were (unsurpisingly) not getting
used.]

I've downloaded and installed 2.0 and was successful
in producing the desired PDF and getting results using
the "normal" versions of my OpenType CFF fonts.  However,
I was not getting bold (or italics).  Rather, I am getting
messages such as:

  Font "Stempel Garamond LT Std,normal,700" not found.
  Substituting with "Stempel Garamond LT Std,normal,400".
  Font "Gill Sans Std,normal,700" not found.
  Substituting with "Gill Sans Std,normal,400".

I have the various fonts installed on my machine, and I
am just using auto-detect in fop.xconf.

In my Fonts directory, there is a "Gill Sans Std" folder
containing the various GillSansStd*.otf files.  In other
document processing applications, I can see all the various
flavors of Gill Sans Std, so I'm pretty sure they are
properly installed.  I am getting Gill Sans Std normal in
my output, but (per the error message) not bold.

What do I need to do the have FOP 2.0 use the bold and
italic versions of these fonts?

paul