From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Unable to Process Large Pragraph
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:13:52 GMT

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 4:22 PM, sripathi <sripathi.rao456@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>  My document having a large paragraph(nearly 100 pages), FOP2.0 is unable to
> process this document.I know, i shouldn't give this much large para, but it
> is user requirement. Fop throwing OOM(Out Of Memory Exception), when it is
> calculating the breaking points for this large paragraph.

> Is there any XSL option is there to resolve this.

> On 19 Oct 2015, at 16:40, Luis Bernardo <lmpmbernardo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I assume you are putting a very large string inside a fo:block. Break the string into
pieces and put a </fo:block><fo:block> in between the pieces.

What Luis said is the only viable fix for now.
Another way to achieve the same, and which basically comes down to the same thing, but may
be easier to implement, would be to insert forced linefeeds at certain places in the text.
Make sure that the linefeed-treatment property is set to "preserve" on the fo:block.

At any rate, fixing this issue within FOP itself is definitely not something to expect in
the short term, as it would require a rather invasive overhaul of the line/page breaking interaction.

HTH!

KR

Andreas