From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: Migration from FOP 1.0 to 2.0
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 20:59:28 GMT
Hi

> On 04 Nov 2015, at 10:25, Mandar Nimbkar <Mandar.Nimbkar@igate.com> wrote:
>
> HI,
> Your help on this is highly appreciated ..
<snip />
> I am migrating from FOP 1.0 to FOP 2.0
>
> I have made the required Java code changes as per the changed API.
>
> There are PNG images used in the report generated using PDF renderer..
>
> Here is the FOP config
<snip />

>   <image-loading>
>     <penalty value="-10000"
>         class="org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.ImageLoaderRawPNG"/>
>     <penalty value="INFINITE"
>         class="org.apache.xmlgraphics.image.loader.impl.ImageLoaderPNG"/>
>   </image-loading>
>
> </fop>
>
> --------------------------------
>
> I am getting following exception gets thrown in FOP 2.0
>
> 16:38:20.992 53425 [ReportFormatService-0] ERROR AreaTreeModel  - Error while rendering
page 1
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error processing transparency channel:

Does not look like a FOP issue per se, but seems to point to either a bug or incomplete implementation
in XGC's ImageLoaderRawPNG.

Difficult to say without the exact PNG that is used, but the class in XGC does contain a comment
indicating that '...this image loader does not handle all kinds of PNG images...', so perhaps
this is a known deficiency.

Have you tried giving the plain ImageLoaderPNG a higher precedence (= lower penalty value)?

If you are allowed to upload the PNG in question to Apache JIRA, do feel free to log an issue
against XML Graphics Commons and attach it there, so the issue can be investigated.

HTH!

KR

Andreas