From Carlos Villegas <...@uniscope.jp>
Subject Re: fo:character and zero width space
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 07:08:32 GMT
Thanks, I'll try your suggestions.

The open issues in Thai glyph composition are major, basically the
output is simply not acceptable. Correct positioning of vowels,
diacritics and tonemarks is not a esthetic thing only, sometimes when
they are in the wrong position they print on top of each other or on top
of the wrong base character.   So I wouldn't say FOP supports Thai!

I have Java code that I can donate that does glyph substitution for
Thai, but this is based on the fact that Thai fonts also encode
alternate glyphs into the Unicode user range.
There are basically two encodings: Microsoft's and Mac's, and my code
works with Microsoft's fonts. However, I think, the right way to do this
is to read the font's own substitution tables, this information must be
there inside the fonts, and use that. But if the font doesn't really
have that information, my code could be use as a fallback if you at
least know that it is a Microsoft encoded font.

Carlos