From jdebinder <debin...@us.ibm.com>
Subject FOP and Avalon
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 19:36:02 GMT
The last question on this topic was back in 2007.  I also see a couple of
more recent posts about the Maven link to Avalon 4.3.1.  I have to repeat
the question about removing the dependency on Avalon.  As now even the
Excalibur project has also been retired as of 2010.  I work on a product for
IBM and due to security risks we are required to remove all frameworks that
are no longer supported.  Since FOP depends on Avalon we will also have to
remove our dependency on FOP and try to find something to replace it.

Is there any more thought to removing the dependency on the Avalon
framework?