From "Clark, Raymond C" <Raymond.C.Cl...@ehi.com>
Subject RE: Need help calling FOP correctly
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 14:23:43 GMT
Thank you for the reply.

What I would really like to do is to bypass the XML input that FOP normally uses and call
the FOP Java methods from our framework directly in order to produce a PostScript file.  Checking
examples online I didn’t have a configuration file.  I’m thinking now that I need one
to define the fonts.  At this point I am just trying to get 1 line of text to come out in
the PS file.  Here is my code.

                              OutputStream output = new FileOutputStream("C:/snapshotviews/sts-workspace-3.7/billing-document-system/bds-service/src/test/resources/Products/Paper/xmlgraphicsTest.ps");
                              PSGenerator psGenerator = new PSGenerator(output);
                              // Setup
                              FopFactory fopFactory = FopFactory.newInstance(new File(".").toURI());
                              FOUserAgent foUserAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent();
                              IFContext context = new IFContext(foUserAgent);
                              PSDocumentHandler psDocumentHandler = new PSDocumentHandler(context);
                              // Stuff the Fonts in the class
FontInfo fontInfo = new FontInfo();
fontInfo.addFontProperties("header", "Helvetica", "normal", 0);
psDocumentHandler.setFontResources(fontInfo);
psDocumentHandler.setFontInfo(fontInfo);
                              psDocumentHandler.setGenerator(psGenerator);
                              // Create the top of the PostScript file
                              psDocumentHandler.endDocumentHeader();
                              // Loop through the pages
                              PSPainter ifPainter = psDocumentHandler.startPageContent();
                              // Set up the font for the text
                              IFState ifState = IFState.create();
                              ifState.setFontFamily("Helvetica");
                              ifState.setFontStyle("normal");
                              ifState.setFontWeight(0);
                              ifState.setFontSize(10);
                              ifState.setTextColor(Color.BLACK);
                              ifPainter.setState(ifState);
                              // Write the text to the PostScript file
                              ifPainter.drawText(100, 500, 2, 5, null, "PDF Text");

                              // Wrap up
                              psGenerator.flush();
                              output.flush();
                              output.close();