From Frank Hirsch <frank.hir...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Missing text when printing FOP 2.1 PDF documents in Mac OSX's Preview App
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2016 14:14:29 GMT
Hi Tobias,

My guess would be for the font itself…
Maybe try to create a document with this font manually (InDesign) and try to reproduce the
issue.

I printed on OS X 10.10
- Apple Preview: missing text
- Acrobat Pro DC: OK

So it’s a clear Apple Preview issue.
Maybe changing the font is the quickest solution?

lg,
Frank

> Am 18.08.2016 um 15:38 schrieb Tobias Fischer | pagina GmbH <tobias.fischer@pagina.gmbh>:
>
> hi all,
>
> we're using latest FOP version 2.1 to generate book PDFs.
> While testing, we noticed that printing the generated PDF's in Mac OS X's "Preview" app
(their default pdf viewer) will result in missing texts on the printed page.
> This does not happen with Acrobat Reader on Windows nor in Acrobat on Mac OS X – only
the Preview App seems to get it wrong.

> Fonts:
> - "Minion Pro" OTF fonts (loaded from local folder via fop.xconf -> font-triplets)
>
> Printer:
> - Lexmark M5155
> - Konica Minolta Bizhub C452
>
> fop.xconf:
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>> <fop version="1.0">
>>  <renderers>
>>    <renderer mime="application/pdf">
>>      <filterList>
>>        <!-- Compression using zlib flate (default is on). -->
>>        <value>flate</value>
>>      </filterList>
>>
>>      <fonts>
>>        <auto-detect/>

>>        <!-- ... and some others ... -->
>>      </fonts>
>>    </renderer>
>>  </renderers>
>> </fop>
>
> Attached you will find the first two pages from an example PDF as well as a photography
of 2 printed pages (left: printed from windows, ignore the scale factor; right: printed from
Preview on Mac OS X).