From Michel Krämer <michel.krae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Place image at top of page
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:18:32 GMT
> If you want displaying the image exactly on top of the second page?
Yes, that's what I want! :-) I want to place an image at the top of a page, no matter how
many paragraphs I have. I want to place it at the top of the very page, where I put the image,
just like you do it in latex with

begin{figure}[t!]
…
\end{figure}

> I can help you in this.
That's very much appreciated. Thank you so much!

Michel

> On 28 Nov 2016, at 13:07, Szeak (Register Man) <szeak33@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> If you want placing the image after 20. paragraph, why define it between 22. and 23?
> Or
> If you want displaying the image exactly on top of the second page?
>
> So if you want displaying the image exactly on top of the second page:
> You need to define a bit more complex page-masters as now. I can help you in this.
>
> Don't hesitate to answer.
>
> Bye, Szeak

>> Hi Szeak,
>>
>> Thanks a lot! This sounds very promising indeed. I can't get it to work, however.
>>
>> If I put <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-before"> inside my page-sequence definition
I get the following error:

>> org.apache.fop.fo.ValidationException: For "fo:page-sequence", only one "fo:flow"
may be declared. (See position 222:48)

>> If I create a new page-sequence and put it there FOP will end up in an endless loop
and won't stop generating pages.

>> I'm not sure this is the right way, although it really sounds promising. Maybe I'm
just missing something. I uploaded my small example here:

>> https://gist.github.com/michel-kraemer/af82f3e115afb877338a72fa34a539cf
>>
>> If you render it you'll see that there is an image between paragraphs 22 and 23.
You'll also see that paragraph 20 breaks at the end of page 1 and continues at page 2. I want
to place the image at the top of page two, so right in the middle of paragraph 20.

>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Michel
>>

>>> On 28 Nov 2016, at 11:48, Szeak (Register Man) <szeak33@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't think you need any code modifing in Java.
>>> It seems, you need a header for the page, if i understand good your needs..
>>>
>>> So for display header correctly, you need to:
>>> 1. define an ie.: <fo:region-before extent="1in"/> in simple-page-master
definiton
>>>    you can define an exact name for it ie.: <fo:region-before region-name="myHeader"
extent="1in"/>
>>> 2. define an <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-before"> in page-sequence definition
>>>    you can use the named definition by: <fo:flow flow-name="myHeader">
>>>
>>> That's it.
>>>
>>> Bye, Szeak

image absolutely or something like that?

not fully yet. There is a BeforeFloat class that is supposed to place blocks in the before-float
area, but even if I use <fo:float float="before"> this class never receives any children.
The float also disappears from the output PDF.

the solution myself. I'm a Java programmer and if anyone could give me some pointers on where
to start and what is missing in the current code I'd probably be able to fill the gaps.