From Warren Young <war...@etr-usa.com>
Subject Re: Duplex printing via PCL or PS
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2017 15:36:42 GMT
On Sep 6, 2017, at 11:38 PM, Simon Steiner <simonsteiner1984@gmail.com> wrote:

> You could try https://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/2.2/output.html#pcl-duplex-mode

Wow, I never even thought to check the Features list as if it were a manual.

Maybe that section of the web site should be renamed to Documentation, since that’s really
what it is.

For the archives, this feature was added in FOP 1.0.

Unfortunately, I don’t see how we can use it.  We’re not generating FO directly.  Our
FO files input to FOP are being generated from DocBook, and grep turns up no “duplex”
in the FO section of the standard DocBook XSL stylesheets, so it doesn’t look like an XSL
customization could turn it on.

Oh, well, I have my workaround.