From Andreas Delmelle <andreas.delme...@telenet.be>
Subject Re: FOP - page 2 not displayed when there is no overflow from page 1
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2017 11:45:06 GMT
Hi

Kind request/reminder:
Please use fop-users@ for general usage questions. Thanks!

Now that that is out of the way:

> On 29 Nov 2017, at 06:59, gauravabburi <gauravabburi@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to generate a PDF with multiple pages. I have a static page 2
> which is to be generated even when there is no overflow from page 1.
> However, that is not happening.
> In case there is an overflow from page 1, I want it to be displayed in page
> 3.
> Page 1 -> "first"
> Page 2 -> "terms"  - static page
> Page 3 -> "rest"   -  overflow from Page 1
> Code snippet :

<snip />

Off the top of my head, I would say that the most straightforward way to always force that
second page would be to set the "force-page-count" attribute on the fo:page-sequence. See:
https://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/#force-page-count

A value of "even" or "end-on-even" should suffice to make it work, possibly in combination
with an additional page-master for "blank" last pages if they are not the second.
So, an unavoidable consequence of this approach is that this will generate an extra blank
page at the end, if the content were to end on an odd page... If you can live with that, this
should be enough to guarantee that the second page will always be included.

Hope this helps!

Greetz

Andreas