From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Ideas needed: insert byte[] into XSLFO
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 16:33:21 GMT
Hi,

data uri is a good idea.

About the resource resolver, I am instantiating my FopFactory from a
config file:

FopConfParser confParser = new FopConfParser(fopConfigFile);
fopFactory = confParser.getFopFactoryBuilder().build();

So there's no way to pass a resolver. Perhaps I can put it right into
the config file?

Ulrich

Simon Steiner schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> You can use a data uri or use a custom resource resolver.
>
> FopFactoryBuilder builder = new FopFactoryBuilder(new File(".").toURI(), resolver);
> fopFactory = builder.build();
>
> Thanks

to insert it in an XSLFO page at a certain position and render the page to PDF with fop.

> Think of it like a letter with a logo, only that the logo is dynamically created.
>
> The best way to insert it seems to be fo:external-graphic, but that requires a url, from
where the resource is acquired.

> I don't want to save my image to disk or put it on a webserver, so my idea is to somehow
make a custom URIResolver, which would supply my generated image(s).

> My question is how do I wire this up into my existing fop workflow, which looks like
this:

> FOUserAgent userAgent = fopFactory.newFOUserAgent(); Fop fop = fopFactory.newFop(mimeType,
userAgent, outStream); Result res = new SAXResult(fop.getDefaultHandler());
> xslTransformer.transform(xmlSource, res); return outStream.toByteArray()
>
> There appears to be no way to set a custom resolver. Or perhaps someone has a better
idea than to do it via custom URI schemes?