From Bjkyavuz <bjkya...@aol.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: PDF Links using Basic-Link
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:33:38 GMT
 Thank you very much for this. It was extremely helpful in debugging. It turns out that FOP
was doing its job just fine, but the generated PDFs were post processed and merged by iText
which dropped the links and other annotations. (Rewriting that method to use PdfCopy instead
of PdfWriter resolved the issue.)
Thanks,Yavuz

-----Original Message-----
From: kibukj <kibuzhj@gmail.com>
To: fop-users <fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org>
Sent: Wed, Jan 23, 2019 8:24 pm
Subject: Re: PDF Links using Basic-Link

Your example appears to work for me.

What are you using to view the PDF? Could it be the PDF viewer you
are using does not support hyperlinks, or requires an extra key like
Ctrl+Left Click to activate a link?

Here is the complete minimal working example I tried:

  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="Page">
      <fo:region-body/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>
  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="Page">
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <fo:block>
        <fo:basic-link color="blue" external-destination="url(http://www.lipsum.com/)">Lorem
ipsum</fo:basic-link>
      </fo:block>
    </fo:flow>
  </fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

And here is the PDF that produces:
http://khzae.net/9/uploads/2019-01-23/test.pdf

Try opening that in the same PDF viewer, and see if the link works
for you.

Bjkyavuz <bjkyavuz@aol.com.INVALID> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am using FOP 2.1 to generate a PDF file with external hyperlinks. Even with this simple
syntax, I end up with just a text in the PDF that cannot be clicked: