Hi,

The custom resource resolver can be modified at runtime such as myresourceresolver.useX() to affect its operation.

Thanks

From: Mark Gibson [mailto:mark.gibson@staff.bluematrix.com]
Sent: 02 July 2019 19:31
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Relative resource paths for external graphics where uri resolution is affected by every render request context

Hi,

We have a Java application with embedded FOP using XSLT transformations to drive the document rendering.  I’m trying to see if it’s possible to specify external graphics URIs in the XML with a relative path that is only indirectly related to the baseURI.  I’m finding it hard to put in to words, so some examples may help …

baseURI = /base/path/

Relative URI in XML = images/myImage.png

Say we have two requests to render a document, the first associated with account X, and the second associated with account Y.  The full URIs for each request should resolve to …

X: /base/path/X/images/myImage.png

Y: /base/path/Y/images/myImage.png

I’ve looked through the documentation and found that I can override resource resolving by supplying a custom ResourceResolver when creating a new FopFactoryBuilder.  However, based on best practices, the FopFactory instance should be reused for successive renders.  So I cannot apply a render specific context (in this case, X or Y).

Does anyone know of a way or either supplying extra context to be used by a custom resolver for each individual render, or apply a different resource resolver per render?

Thanks

Mark