From Matt Kynaston <m...@claritum.com>
Subject Carlito font + non-breaking space
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2019 12:08:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a weird problem when using the Carlito font
from google-crosextra-carlito-fonts. When I embed the font all non-breaking
spaces display as '#', indicating the glyph can't be found.

I'm 99% sure the font contains that glyph. The same text renders fine in a
text editor when using Carlito. And if I switch to referencing Carlito
instead of embedding it renders fine.

Switching the non-breaking space to an &#xA0 entity makes no difference.
Other google fonts (like Noto Sans) display non-breaking spaces correctly.

So I'm beginning to think it's down to FOP. But I have no idea where to
start tracking this down.

I'm using FOP 2.3, Java 1.8. The fonts are auto-detected. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Matt