From "Simon Steiner" <simonsteiner1...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Wrong printed glyph with PCL renderer and TTF font
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2020 09:52:25 GMT
Hi,

Can you raise a bug in jira

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: De-Rancourt Eric <eric.de-rancourt@bdoc.com>
Sent: 01 April 2020 14:42
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Wrong printed glyph with PCL renderer and TTF font

Hi everyone,

I am trying to transform a document using the PCL renderer with special characters like "euro".
For reasons of rendering quality and file size, I want to integrate true type fonts using
the PCLSoftFont function.

First test: with the first configuration file (cfg_1.xml):
       - The second block of text does not import new characters in the pcl soft font
       - There is a wrong selection of characters for the first character

Second test: with a second configuration file (cfg_2.xml) using "<optimize-resources>
true </optimize-resources>"
       - There is a wrong selection of glyphs for the first character

After some tests and code reading, it seems that the Arial font (and probably other true type
fonts) uses composite glyphs (for example: "É" uses the glyphs 40 and 141). When adding new
characters from 32 to 49, the glyph "40" displays a "w" but not an "E" as expected in the
PCL document.
Mapped characters after second try : {= 47, a = 33, c = 43, d = 46, e = 35, É = 32, i = 49,
€ = 41, l = 48, n = 45, o = 44, r = 36 , s = 42, t = 37, u = 39, w = 40, y = 38, z = 34}

I really don't know how to resolve this situation.
Can you give some keys to manage this issue and tell me how I can help ?

PDF and postscript renders work well.

Best regards,
Eric de RANCOURT

Attachments:
- test.if: intermediate file containing the test document

- cfg_1.xml: first configuration file
- test_1.pcl: result of the first test
- test_1.pcl_analysis.txt: test_1.pcl Paraphernalia analysis

- cfg_2.xml: second configuration file
- test_2.pcl: result of the second test
- test_2.pcl_analysis.txt: test_2.pcl Paraphernalia analysis

Environment :
 - Apache Fop 2.4
 - Openjdk version "11.0.2"
 - Windows 10