From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Opinion poll
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:14:16 GMT
Hi Jeremias,

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Thomas, I apologize for the apparently bad wording. It was not my
> intention to ignore your concerns.

    Ok.

> There is no technical advantage. There are only technical disadvantages.
> The proposal came out of the desire not to release all control over that
> part.

    At some point we need to "sit down" and discuss exactly what code
we are talking about as I think we have different ideas on this
point (especially based on the XMLGraphics components thread).

    I can't do that this week but sometime next week it might be
good to do.

> Your counterproposal which I also put on the Wiki page is clearly
> better even if it means we lose overall control over this part. I'm
> pretty much the only one (besides Keiron, who's inactive, unfortunately)
> maintained the transcoders. But I wanted to give everyone a chance to
> say: No we can't do that. I totally screwed up and the meaning didn't
> get through. I'm sorry.

    There are clearly access issues that need to be addressed,
either by building trust (i.e. when you submit patches they are
applied in a timely manner) or by granting access and I am very
aware of this.  I would hate to see this push against the correct
technical decision.