From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Opinion poll
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:52:02 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> I'd like to push the XML Graphics Commons idea again and therefore would
> like to know what people think.
>
> 1. I think there's noone around opposing the idea of creating the common
> area and making the transcoders in FOP available to the Batik team, is
> there?

Fine with me.

> 2. Do you prefer the transfer of the transcoders to the Batik subproject
> as Thomas suggested or do you think that the transcoders should be in a
> separate area that is easily accessible by both teams? Or is that
> particular question not so important for you?

I think Transcoders should be accessible to both sets of committers. So
therefore in their own separate area. I seem to remember from previous
discussions that this was difficult to achieve for technical reasons.

> 3. Would you be opposed to converting Batik and FOP to Subversion in
> preparation for the creation of the common area? This would preserve all
> history of the individual classes. Time frame: within 1 month from now.
> It seems to me that the infrastructure have succeeded in making
> Subversion stable now.

I havent yet checked to see if there is an easy to use Windows client available.

Chris