From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Porting the Batik codecs to XML Graphics Commons
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 18:25:41 GMT
First step is done. Note that there are still a few things missing like
the ImageWriter implementations or the test cases for the codecs and the
base64 classes. I also noticed that the PropertyUtil class in
image.codec.util references a resource file which does not exist. I
changed the file name but did not add any content there. I assume the
whole thing will work despite that. Otherwise, someone would have
noticed much earlier already.

I've already modified FOP locally to access the XML Graphics Commons
classes instead of the ones from Batik for the non-SVG parts (Base64,
image codecs). I'll commit that in the next few days along with a
snapshot JAR for XML Graphics Commons which will go into the lib
directory.

I hope I'll have time soon to go after the first packages in FOP which
will move to Commons. My first priority right now is to fix the Gump
issue the right way and to get the ball rolling. Any help is welcome, of
course. :-)

Jeremias Maerki