From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: svn commit: r381461 - in /xmlgraphics/site/src/documentation: content/favicon.ico content/images/ content/xdocs/favicon.ico content/xdocs/images/ content/xdocs/index.xml content/xdocs/site.xml skinconf.xml
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:51:14 GMT

On 28.02.2006 18:16:53 Web Maestro Clay wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > You'd modify publish.xml. You can probably use [1] as a template. Docs
> > about the format are at [2]. The whole thing probably gets simpler
> > since
> > you can get rid of the permission fix. I'd deploy the whole thing to
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/. Make
> > sure any
> > files only on people.apache.org make it into SVN somehow (.htaccess
> > files and such).
> >
> > G'night and good luck.
> >
> > [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/site-author/
> > publish.xml
> > [2] http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html
>
> I've successfully modified my forrestbot to publish to site/deploy/.
> FWIW, the xmlgraphics site itself has no .htaccess files (although
> there is one in the fop/ sub-dir, but I don't think I'm touching that).

Good.

> I did receive some warning:
> - I get a bunch of warnings (which could be due to my recent
> migration of xmlg.a.o/batik/):

> deploy.svn:
> Copying 77 files to /Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache/xmlgraphics/
> site/work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs
> svn: warning: 'index.pdf' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'mail.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'legal.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'team.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'mail.pdf' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'charter.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'legal.pdf' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'team.pdf' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'favicon.ico' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'linkmap.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'charter.pdf' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'linkmap.pdf' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'repo.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'index.html' is already under version control
> svn: warning: 'repo.pdf' is already under version control
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/
> deploy:

Strange. I would think that the deployment script handled that correctly.
You might want to ask the Forrest peeps about that.

> I'm not sure what is next. I think I just change this line:
>
>    <property name="deploy.svn.url" value="https://svn.apache.org/
> repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/"/>

>    <property name="deploy.svn.url" value="https://svn.apache.org/
> repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site"/>

Why? IMO, that would deploy the generated site to the base directory in
SVN where the sources for the site are located. Seems very wrong to me.

> After I `svn ci publish.xml -m "Changed forrestbot to use SVN instead
> of SCP."`I think I'm done after committing my changes to publish.xml.
> Is that right?

Let's check the above first.

Jeremias Maerki