From Web Maestro Clay <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r381461 - in /xmlgraphics/site/src/documentation: content/favicon.ico content/images/ content/xdocs/favicon.ico content/xdocs/images/ content/xdocs/index.xml content/xdocs/site.xml skinconf.xml
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:16:53 GMT
On Feb 27, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> You'd modify publish.xml. You can probably use [1] as a template. Docs
> about the format are at [2]. The whole thing probably gets simpler
> since
> you can get rid of the permission fix. I'd deploy the whole thing to
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/. Make
> sure any
> files only on people.apache.org make it into SVN somehow (.htaccess
> files and such).
>
> G'night and good luck.
>
> [1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk/site-author/
> publish.xml
> [2] http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html

I've successfully modified my forrestbot to publish to site/deploy/.
FWIW, the xmlgraphics site itself has no .htaccess files (although
there is one in the fop/ sub-dir, but I don't think I'm touching that).

I did receive some warning:
- I get a bunch of warnings (which could be due to my recent
migration of xmlg.a.o/batik/):

deploy.svn:
Copying 77 files to /Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache/xmlgraphics/
site/work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs
svn: warning: 'index.pdf' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'mail.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'legal.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'team.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'mail.pdf' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'charter.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'legal.pdf' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'team.pdf' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'favicon.ico' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'linkmap.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'charter.pdf' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'linkmap.pdf' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'repo.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'index.html' is already under version control
svn: warning: 'repo.pdf' is already under version control
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/
deploy:

I'm not sure what is next. I think I just change this line:

   <property name="deploy.svn.url" value="https://svn.apache.org/
repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/deploy/"/>

   <property name="deploy.svn.url" value="https://svn.apache.org/
repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site"/>

After I `svn ci publish.xml -m "Changed forrestbot to use SVN instead
of SCP."`I think I'm done after committing my changes to publish.xml.
Is that right?

Clay Leeds
the.webmaestro@gmail.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet