From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: Preparing XML Graphics Commons 1.1
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:06:50 GMT
A few remarks:

In changes.html: Version 1.1 (n/a). Should n/a be changed into a date?

In the ant report:
    [chmod] Skipping fileset for directory /fsb/fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1.1/dist-bin/xmlgraphics-commons-1.1.
It is empty.
    [chmod] Skipping fileset for directory /fsb/fsc/source/xmlgraphics-commons-branch-1.1/dist-src/xmlgraphics-commons-1.1.
It is empty.

The resulting mode is 775, not 555 as the build file seems to request.
My ant: Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on July 1 2006.

Why do the binary distributions have the java version in their name,
and the xmlgraphics-commons-1.1.jar and the maven bundle not?

In the binary distributions: Is it a good idea to put
xmlgraphics-commons-1.1.jar in the build directory? Would it not be
clearer to have a lib directory with _all_ jar files?

Regards, Simon

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 03:10:27PM +0100, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Could anyone please check out the 1.1 branch and throw a second pair of
> eyes on the stuff generated by an "ant dist"?
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/commons/branches/commons-1_1
>
> If everything's ok, I'll tag the branch for 1.1 and upload the
> distribution candidates up to people.apache.org so we can vote on the
> distribution. Once everything's ok and the vote is good, we can upload
> that stuff to the mirror. This is a little different to what we've done
> before and it seems to closer mirror the expecation of the ASF
> membership concerning the release process. Any objections to this?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeremias Maerki

Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu