From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [Xmlgraphics Wiki] Trivial Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010" by ClayLeeds
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 09:00:41 GMT
For the Wiki, links are all well and fine, but we need to keep in mind
that the board report is text only.

On 04.02.2010 09:37:29 Helder Magalhães wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> [Clay]
> >>   '''Batik'''
> >>
> >> - Helder Magalhães was voted in as a new committer. A new release, consolidating
bug fixes and small improvements, would be good, but due to lack of committer time, no release
was made.
> >> + Helder Magalhães was voted in as a new committer (congratulations [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/contributors.html|Helder]]!).
A new release, consolidating bug fixes and small improvements, would be good, but due to lack
of committer time, no release was made.

> >>   '''Fop'''
> >>
> >> - Pascal Sancho was voted in as a new committer. A new release is overdue, but
due to lack of committer time, no release was made.
> >> + Pascal Sancho was voted in as a new committer (congratulations [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html#ps|Pascal]]!).
A new release is overdue, but due to lack of committer time, no release was made.
> [Simon]
> > I agree, but do you really think that we need to report this to the
> > ASF board?
>
> I don't really know about that (congrats could be left out, although
> IMHO it's cool to have a link to click on in order to get some more
> information on a given person. I might suggest reworking the congrats
> to a link in the new committer name:
>
> [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/contributors.html|Helder
> Magalhães]]! was voted in as a new committer.
> [...]
> [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html#ps|Pascal Sancho]] was
> voted in as a new committer.
>

> I didn't see the statistics from the previous thread in the report:
>
> «As you see, the number of FOP commits and the activity on fop-dev are
> rather lower than last quarter. User lists were active again.»
>
> Including the preceding links, of course. :-)
>

> I'd also urge the need to increase active committers, in order to try
> pushing out new releases, as existing committers seem to be very busy
> at the moment. As for the Batik community, Jonathan Wood seems to be
> interested in that, although no actual proof has been given yet (but
> that somehow applies to me as well! :-D ). I'm not really aware of
> this within the FOP community (regarding users active beyond usual)...
>

> Cheers,
>  Helder

Jeremias Maerki