From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: [Xmlgraphics Wiki] Trivial Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010" by ClayLeeds
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 18:10:40 GMT
On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:37:29AM +0000, Helder Magalhães wrote:
> [Simon]
> > I agree, but do you really think that we need to report this to the
> > ASF board?
>
> I don't really know about that (congrats could be left out, although
> IMHO it's cool to have a link to click on in order to get some more
> information on a given person. I might suggest reworking the congrats
> to a link in the new committer name:
>
> [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/contributors.html|Helder
> Magalhães]]! was voted in as a new committer.
> [...]
> [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html#ps|Pascal Sancho]] was
> voted in as a new committer.

That is a good idea. You can do that yourself. As Jeremias commented,
text only.

> I didn't see the statistics from the previous thread in the report:
>
> «As you see, the number of FOP commits and the activity on fop-dev are
> rather lower than last quarter. User lists were active again.»
>
> Including the preceding links, of course. :-)

The mail with the statistics of November is this:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/xmlgraphics-general/200911.mbox/%3C20091104093848.GA3925@leverkruid.eu%3E,
if that is what you mean.

> I'd also urge the need to increase active committers, in order to try
> pushing out new releases, as existing committers seem to be very busy
> at the moment. As for the Batik community, Jonathan Wood seems to be
> interested in that, although no actual proof has been given yet (but
> that somehow applies to me as well! :-D ). I'm not really aware of
> this within the FOP community (regarding users active beyond usual)...

Indeed, we need to have seen a proof of sustained interest and a
number of contributions, in code, in documentation or in guidance to
users, before we would like to vote someone in as a committer.  Anyone
is free to initiate a vote when he feels that time has come.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu