From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Xmlgraphics Wiki] Trivial Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2010" by ClayLeeds
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 08:37:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

[Clay]
>>   '''Batik'''
>>
>> - Helder Magalhães was voted in as a new committer. A new release, consolidating
bug fixes and small improvements, would be good, but due to lack of committer time, no release
was made.
>> + Helder Magalhães was voted in as a new committer (congratulations [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/contributors.html|Helder]]!).
A new release, consolidating bug fixes and small improvements, would be good, but due to lack
of committer time, no release was made.

>>   '''Fop'''
>>
>> - Pascal Sancho was voted in as a new committer. A new release is overdue, but due
to lack of committer time, no release was made.
>> + Pascal Sancho was voted in as a new committer (congratulations [[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html#ps|Pascal]]!).
A new release is overdue, but due to lack of committer time, no release was made.
[Simon]
> I agree, but do you really think that we need to report this to the
> ASF board?

I don't really know about that (congrats could be left out, although
IMHO it's cool to have a link to click on in order to get some more
information on a given person. I might suggest reworking the congrats
to a link in the new committer name:

[[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/contributors.html|Helder
Magalhães]]! was voted in as a new committer.
[...]
[[http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/team.html#ps|Pascal Sancho]] was
voted in as a new committer.

I didn't see the statistics from the previous thread in the report:

«As you see, the number of FOP commits and the activity on fop-dev are
rather lower than last quarter. User lists were active again.»

Including the preceding links, of course. :-)

I'd also urge the need to increase active committers, in order to try
pushing out new releases, as existing committers seem to be very busy
at the moment. As for the Batik community, Jonathan Wood seems to be
interested in that, although no actual proof has been given yet (but
that somehow applies to me as well! :-D ). I'm not really aware of
this within the FOP community (regarding users active beyond usual)...

Cheers,
 Helder