From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patch to reduce the size of generated ps
Date Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:06:19 GMT
Hi Calixte,

> I wrote the attached patch to reduce the size of ps or eps file. I added basic shortcuts
to postscript commands and gave an
> access to the property clippingDisabled. With these modifications (and in using the added
method disableClipping) I can divide
> by 3 the size of eps files (generated from svg).

Thanks for your contribution. I'm not a EPS expert so I'm only leaving
a couple comments, mostly cosmetic.

1. Indentation issues.
A quick review of the patch shows that, in a couple files, tabs
instead of (4) spaces were used:
 * src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/ps/PSProcSets.java
 * src/java/org/apache/xmlgraphics/java2d/ps/AbstractPSDocumentGraphics2D.java

2. Potential coherency improvement.
In:
> +	    gen.writeln("/f/fill ld");
> +	    gen.writeln("/S/stroke ld");
If "S" stands for "stroke", why is "f" being used for "fill"? Is it a
reserved keyword? If not, using the capitalized "F" would make things
more coherent IMO. There are also more places were this could also
apply, but I haven't reviewed the whole file... ;-)

> I'll be happy if you can push them for the next release.

As said, I'm no PostScript expert but, overall, the patch looks good
and safe to apply. :-)

It would be great if you could update your patch. ;-)

> Best regards,

Thanks,
 Helder