From Simon Pepping <spepp...@leverkruid.eu>
Subject Re: [Xmlgraphics Wiki] Update of "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2011" by SimonPepping
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 08:45:29 GMT
Submitted. Simon

On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 12:45:04PM +0100, Simon Pepping wrote:
> I will submit this report to the board around 11 February.
>
> On Fri, Feb 04, 2011 at 11:37:59AM -0000, Apache Wiki wrote:
> > Dear Wiki user,
> >
> > You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Xmlgraphics Wiki" for change
notification.

> > The "StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2011" page has been changed by SimonPepping.
> > The comment on this change is: Draft for the board report for February 2011.
> > http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/StatusReports/StatusReportForFebruary2011

> > New page:
> > === General Comments ===
> > There are no issues that require Board attention. Developer activity has increased
for FOP and XGC, and has remained  rather low for Batik.

> > === XML Graphics Commons ===
> > Developer activity has gone up again. The framework for color handling was extended.
> >
> > === Batik ===
> > There have been practically no changes to the codebase in the last three months.
Jeremias has been accepted as a committer to the Batik subproject. Questions on the user list
are mostly getting answers. Gump builds currently fail because Batik still depends on com.sun
classes for JPEG encoding. This is expected to be resolved soon by adding XGC as a dependency
tor Batik (and thereby reducing code redundancy between the two subprojects).

> > Developer activity has gone up again. Nevertheless, the active committers are not
able to handle all incoming patches. The quality of the code base is now being checked more
consistently using findbugs and checkstyle.