From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: [VOTE] XGC 1.5 and FOP 1.1 Releases
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:35:45 GMT
Thanks for taking the time to do releases!

Sadly, no vote from me but just a couple of comments:
- The regression fixed in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1356456
doesn't seems to have made it into the FOP 1.1 branch. That will hurt
everyone who's working with font auto-detection.
- The removal of Glyphs.MAC_GLYPH_NAMES in XGC presents a
backwards-incompatible change with FOP 1.0. Incidentally, I've just run
into that one a few minutes ago trying to keep up-to-date on XGC but
staying on my pre-API-break branch of FOP. Better would have been to
deprecate it before removing it.

BTW, here's a good read: http://semver.org/
This is going to very applicable after FOP 1.1.

Jeremias Maerki