From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache FOP 1.1 Released
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2012 15:21:56 GMT
Great work, Glenn and all! Thank you for your perseverance!

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet

On Oct 20, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> The Apache XML Graphics team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Apache
FOP Version 1.1 [1].

> Apache FOP (Formatting Objects Processor) [2] is an output independent print formatter
driven by XSL Formatting Objects (XSL-FO) [3]. FOP is a Java application that reads a formatting
object tree and renders the resulting pages to a specified output format, of which a variety
of formats are supported. Apache FOP is published under the Apache License v2.0.

> This release fixes a number of bugs and provides important performance improvements.
In addition the following significant functional enhancements are provided:

> Adds support for complex scripts (e.g. Arabic, Indic, etc), aka the "complex text path".
> Adds possibility to embed TrueType fonts in the PostScript output.
> Adds possibility to reduce the file size of accessible PDF outputs by using Object Streams
(a PDF 1.5 feature).
> Adds support for 128bit PDF encryption.
>
> For release notes see [4]. Source and binary distributions can be downloaded from an
ASF Mirror at [5]. Further download information is available at [6]. Maven artifacts for this
release are available at [7].

> Note, that depending on which download mirror you use, it may take up to 24 hours to
see the download images at [5].