From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r835989 - /websites/production/xmlgraphics/content/
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:16:18 GMT
Sorry, I just noticed this...

ASF-CMS doesn't know its incarnation of xmlgraphics is not 'PRODUCTION'.

When you click 'Publish Site' ASF-CMS is publishing to its target
output directory. During this time of 'try-before-we-buy', that
directory is mapped to http://xmlgraphics.staging.apache.org/ and when
we 'push' it LIVE, I'm guessing that directory will not change Rather,
DNS and/or the httpd.conf host configuration for
xmlgraphics.apache.org will change to point to this directory and/its
hostname will be updated.

When that switch does occur, I'm thinking of requesting they (infra@)
also create an xmlgraphics-old.apache.org DNS/vhost entry, which
points to the old (current) XML Graphics Project site, in case we need
it (hopefully no one will link to it externally).

Deployment Process for xmlgraphics.staging.apache.org
1. Make a change to site content via:
    * a page or template file via the web-based ASF-CMS
or
    * Check file(s) into SVN from a local working copy

2. Tell ASF-CMS to `svn up` (may not be necessary if all changes were
committed via ASF-CMS, but this'll grab any external commits to TRUNK)

3. Tell ASF-CMS to re-generate the site by clicking 'Publish Site' to
see your changes on xmlgraphics.staging.apache.org.

Does this answer your question(s)?

Kind regards,

Clay Leeds
--