From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XML Graphics Project Forrest=>CMS migration
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2012 07:16:20 GMT
On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM, The Web Maestro
<the.webmaestro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Could we get some eyeballs on the new ASF CMS system? We're all going
> to need to update pages there, and we haven't migrated yet...
>
> I don't know if folks've been adding recent Documentation/Content
> changes there as well, but we'll need to start soon! ;-)
>
> I've attached a coupe of lists of files that need to be merged into
> the ASF-CMS documentation for FOP & Batik. I guess I need to do it for
> XML Graphics as well, but that should be pretty simple!
>
> We're getting closer to the wire, and I thought I'd ping the team
> about the migration. We have some lingering issues (see below) I'm
> still working to resolve, but for the most part  they're relatively
> minor.
>
> The worst issue is an IE9 scrollbar issue that *many* sites around the
> 'Net are experiencing. I intend to have a fix for that soon! There are
> also issues with the Batik Demo, and some expanded nav blocks.

I think I clobbered the weird IE9 scrollbar issue (Chris et al, could
you re-test?). I think it was entering quirks mode, and by changing
the DOCTYPE to html5, I was able to resolve the issue. That was pretty
annoying!

I also believe I resolved the FOP navigation collapse/expand issue.
For some reason MarkDown wasn't honoring my unordered listing levels
(spaces aren't always spaces?), but I ended up improving the jQuery so
it could handle 'n' nested levels in the process. This was another
pretty annoying 'bug' I discovered, that I could've lived without
needing to resolve. Sheesh!

> I was able to fix the FOP Compliance page, but I haven't gotten many
> lurkers from folks outside of Chris & Helder...

I also created a Batik Download page, since the current CGI-based one
wasn't working quite right. The new one is based off the FOP Download
page, so I'd appreciate it if a Batik'er could double-check that I
haven't munged anything too badly.

Cheers!

Web Maestro Clay