From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting XML Graphics Documentation into the SOURCE & BINARY Releases
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:53:53 GMT
On Jun 7, 2013, at 1:45 AM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Clay,
>
> Many thanks for looking into this. Whilst I can't offer an opinion on one solution or
the other, I do know this is a problem we need to solve. So I'm +1 for your recommendation.

I'll update index.html file to indicate going to http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/[sup-project]
for latest updates...

> The only technical point I would make is that SVN 1.5 is quite old now. We've been using
SVN 1.7 for over a year now. Therefore I wouldn't worry about remaining 1.5 compatible, especially
given the limitations imposed by 1.5.

That's what I thought…

While going through the eradication process, I noticed a couple of issues that I'd like address
before I can eradicate the xdoc format from the BUILD process (they're intertwined):

1. batik/javadoc/ generation is part of the Batik BUILD process (don't know if the other projects
are similar), and eradicating Forrest might also eradicate the step that generates this:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/

Is this something I should be concerned about, or are javadocs built at run-time by IDEs (NetBeans,
Eclipse, etc.)?

2. There is a file generated at the time of build, that builds the /batik/jarDependImg.png
(it's currently missing on the 'Installing Batik' page):

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/install.html

I've uploaded the latest available version of the file and am currently waiting for it to
show up on the site…

3. *MINOR* There's a note in fop/trunk/build.xml about `distclean`:

<!-- It would be better to make dist depend on distclean. But as long as the forrest projectInfo
plugin depends on a higher Java version (1.5) than we use for the compilation (1.4), leaving
it out enables a workaround -->

Does this mean we could switch to `distclean`? If so, let me know and I'll make that adjustment!

Cheers!

Clay