From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting XML Graphics Documentation into the SOURCE & BINARY Releases
Date Sat, 15 Jun 2013 22:02:10 GMT
Hi folks,

I just added the `svn:externals` call for getting the MarkDown docs into the SVN repos for
Batik, Commons & FOP. Hopefully it executed correctly…

Here're the `propset` calls I executed:

###
cd commons/trunk
svn propset svn:externals 'docs http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/trunk/content/commons'
. property 'svn:externals' set on '.'

cd ../../batik/trunk
svn propset svn:externals 'docs http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/trunk/content/batik'
. property 'svn:externals' set on '.'

cd ../../fop/trunk
svn propset svn:externals 'docs http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/site/trunk/content/fop'
. property 'svn:externals' set on '.'
###

BTW, I didn't get an answer on the questions below, so I blew out my */trunk/build.* changes,
and decided to check in just the `svn:externals` properties change by itself…

Cheers! Happy Father's Day!

Clay

On Jun 10, 2013, at 5:53 AM, Clay Leeds <the.webmaestro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 7, 2013, at 1:45 AM, Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Clay,
>>
>> Many thanks for looking into this. Whilst I can't offer an opinion on one solution
or the other, I do know this is a problem we need to solve. So I'm +1 for your recommendation.

> I'll update index.html file to indicate going to http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/[sup-project]
for latest updates...

>> The only technical point I would make is that SVN 1.5 is quite old now. We've been
using SVN 1.7 for over a year now. Therefore I wouldn't worry about remaining 1.5 compatible,
especially given the limitations imposed by 1.5.

> That's what I thought…
>
> While going through the eradication process, I noticed a couple of issues that I'd like
address before I can eradicate the xdoc format from the BUILD process (they're intertwined):

> 1. batik/javadoc/ generation is part of the Batik BUILD process (don't know if the other
projects are similar), and eradicating Forrest might also eradicate the step that generates
this:

> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/javadoc/
>
> Is this something I should be concerned about, or are javadocs built at run-time by IDEs
(NetBeans, Eclipse, etc.)?

> 2. There is a file generated at the time of build, that builds the /batik/jarDependImg.png
(it's currently missing on the 'Installing Batik' page):

> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/install.html
>
> I've uploaded the latest available version of the file and am currently waiting for it
to show up on the site…

> 3. *MINOR* There's a note in fop/trunk/build.xml about `distclean`:
>
> <!-- It would be better to make dist depend on distclean. But as long as the forrest
projectInfo plugin depends on a higher Java version (1.5) than we use for the compilation
(1.4), leaving it out enables a workaround -->