From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache XML Graphics Project Board Report 2019-05 - DRAFT
Date Mon, 06 May 2019 16:40:04 GMT
Hi All,

Happy Spring!

Here’s the report I’m planning to submit to the Apache Board tomorrow.

Please feel free to ping me to update it as necessary...

Web Maestro Clay

===

Apache XML Graphics Project Board Report
==================================

The Apache XML Graphics Project is responsible for software intended for the
creation & maintenance of the conversion of XML formats to graphical output &
related software components.

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD
=====================

No issues at present.

ACTIVITY
========
* Apache Batik 1.11

PROJECT HEALTH REPORT
=======================

The level of community and developer activity remains at a consistent,
moderate, level with respect to the previous reporting period.

RECENT PMC CHANGES
==================

Currently 11 PMC members.

* Simon Steiner was added to the PMC on Tue Jan 19 2016
* Clay Leeds was approved for XML Graphics PMC Chair position on March 26,
  2018.

Committers
==========

Currently 21 committers.

* No new committers added in the last 3 months
* Last committer added was Matthias Reischenbacher at Wed May 13 2015

Most Recent Releases
====================

There were no releases in the last quarter.

* Apache XML Graphics Commons 2.3 was released on Mon May 14, 2018
* Apache XML Graphics FOP 2.3 was released on Mon May 14, 2018
* Apache XML Graphics Apache Batik 1.11 was released on Wed Feb 13, 2019.

= SUB PROJECTS =
================

XML GRAPHICS COMMONS
====================

Community activity was light, although there were a few bugs resolved.

New Release?
------------

There were no releases this quarter.

Latest Release
--------------

XML Graphics Commons 2.3 was released on Mon May 14, 2018

FOP
===

A number of patches have been processed into TRUNK and several bugs fixed.

New Release?
------------

* There were no releases this quarter.
* Bug Fix for FOP 2.3 to remove Avalon committed to TRUNK (since Avalon is no
  longer maintained & doesn't compile under Java 9)

Latest Release
--------------

XML Graphics FOP 2.3 was released on Mon May 14, 2018

BATIK
=====

Apache Batik 1.11 was released on Wed Feb 13, 2019.

New Release?

Apache Batik 1.11 was released on Wed Feb 13, 2019.

Latest Release

Apache Batik 1.11 was released on Wed Feb 13, 2019.

Warm regards,

Clay Leeds  -  the.webmaestro@gmail.com
"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
HH the Dalai Lama of Tibet