ambari-dev mailing list archives

From "Cardon, Tejay E" <tejay.e.car...@lmco.com>
Subject Component integration
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 20:26:49 GMT
All,

I'm very new to Ambari, and don't really have much experience.  My team is looking for a system
to manage all of our big data infrastructure.  Ambari, and the various other Hadoop managers,
only seem to have support for Hadoop related projects.  We'd like to be able to add support
for additional tools like Storm, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.  I was wondering if Ambari was sufficiently
extensible that we could write "plug-in"s to add monitoring, management, and configuration
capabilities for other modules.

Secondly, I'm trying to gauge how tightly Ambari is coupled with Puppet.  We have a large
baseline of Chef code that we'd prefer not to port to puppet.  Is it possible to plug-in Chef
rather than puppet, and if not, has there been any discussion to abstract the devops layer
of Ambari in future releases to allow for different devops providers to be plugged in.

Thanks,
Tejay Cardon