ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Yusaku Sako <yus...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Code Review groups
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:46:56 GMT
+1.

Alejandro, do you want to create a starter wiki and let folks sign up for their areas of expertise?

Yusaku

On 6/2/16, 1:44 PM, "Swapan Shridhar" <sshridhar@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>+1. Makes sense.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Regards,
>Swapan.
>

>On 6/2/16, 1:27 PM, "Robert Levas" <rlevas@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>
>>Alejandro, I agree.  I just hope we (as a group) can manage the wiki page without
letting it get too stale over time.

>>+1
>>
>>Rob
>>

>>On 6/2/16, 12:55 PM, "Alejandro Fernandez" <afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi committers and contributors,
>>>
>>>I'm sure most of you have ran into this before; whenever I submit a code review
I'm always curious to find out which reviewers I should include that are knowledgeable in
that area.
>>>So I'll typically run git blame to find the last 2-3 people that worked on those
files, which takes time and may include reviewers no longer interested in that code area or
miss reviewers that are interested.
>>>I want to propose a wiki where developers sign up to be reviewers for a particular
section, could be a feature, directory, etc.

>>>Thoughts?
>>>
>>>This allows developers to opt-in to areas of interest (even outside of their current
expertise), should produce better code reviews, and make it easier for new contributors to
find the right people.