ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Recommendations API, Stack Advisor, and cluster-env
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 13:13:00 GMT
Srimanth, Tom, devs…

Does anyone know why we don’t send in the cluster-env config when querying for recommendations
via REST API?  This call makes its way into the stack advisor and appears to have every (relevant)
config type, except for cluster-env. Since the API call is not relevant to a cluster, the
data cannot be looked up and thus must be supplied by the caller.

I think that this may be a bug (possibly in the UI), but maybe it is by design for some reason.
  In any case, cluster-env contains some import information that may be relevant for decisions
made by the stack advisor.  For example, I am looking to have the stack advisor make decisions
based on whether Kerberos is enabled or not. This data is stored in cluster-env/security_enabled,
where true indicates Kerberos is enabled and false indicates that Kerberos is not enabled.

Rob