ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Levas <rle...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Code Review groups
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:27:19 GMT
Alejandro, I agree.  I just hope we (as a group) can manage the wiki page without letting it
get too stale over time.

+1

Rob

On 6/2/16, 12:55 PM, "Alejandro Fernandez" <afernandez@hortonworks.com> wrote:

>Hi committers and contributors,
>
>I'm sure most of you have ran into this before; whenever I submit a code review I'm always
curious to find out which reviewers I should include that are knowledgeable in that area.
>So I'll typically run git blame to find the last 2-3 people that worked on those files,
which takes time and may include reviewers no longer interested in that code area or miss
reviewers that are interested.
>I want to propose a wiki where developers sign up to be reviewers for a particular section,
could be a feature, directory, etc.

>Thoughts?
>
>This allows developers to opt-in to areas of interest (even outside of their current expertise),
should produce better code reviews, and make it easier for new contributors to find the right
people.