ambari-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Denissov <adenis...@pivotal.io>
Subject Re: Adding repo in repoinfo.xml
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 22:38:40 GMT
This breaks the functionality of adding a custom service repo, since custom
services do not have entries in the public VDF and public VDFs right now
completely replace the default ones, instead of merging (overriding) the
values.

In the case of HAWQ, the plugin is installed and adds the new repo
information to the repoinfo.xml of all available stacks on the file system.
Once Ambari cluster creation wizard queries the latest repo info from the
public URLs, it will get the info for all stack repos, but not the custom
ones. So, the logic should be:
1. Use default repoinfo (from file system) as the base
2. Query public VDF, if available
3. For each entry in public VDF overwrite values in the default repoinfo
4. Entries in default repoinfo that do not have corresponding entries in
VDF should stay intact

This way custom services can be added via file edit and the latest
information can still be retrieved and applied for the standard stack.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-17285 for this
issue -- we need to get this fixed in 2.4.

--
Thanks,
Alex.